2011년 9월 29일 목요일

(Assignment #4) Chain Writing

     Sometimes I think what would happen in the world when I close my eyes. I wouldn’t know if all the visible things disappear in the moment I close my eyes and appear again as I open my eyes. I can’t be sure that the world would exist when my eyes are closed! Perhaps the world would stop in every second I blink my eyes.
     I continue to think, and I conclude that I can’t be sure about the world even when my eyes are opened. Everything what I see might be only a false image. Maybe I am the only thing that exists in the world, and I am ‘programmed’ to sense the false images. Perhaps the world might be a Truman show. The circumstances around me might be artificially made up, and others might observe me living in the circumstances. (Min Gyu Kang) There is nothing I can be sure about in this world. Is this life real? What is real? Is the pen and paper I am writing on right now even real? You may be asking why, what the point is in this writing. There are times when I begin to ponder if the world where my eyes are open is a dream and the world of my dreams is actually reality. Every night when I am lying down on this possibly fake bed, I start to dream of those fake figures who are just smiling and waving their hands at me.
     My whole life was based on my love of the four people in my dream. My father, my mother, my elder sister, and my elder brother. My love and adulation for them was all I needed for a happy life. But one day, they disappeared. Disappeared in a car crash that I was supposed to die as well. (Nam Do Cho)
     I will never forget that day.
I actually don’t remember; don’t remember how did it actually happen, and how I escaped and all that. The only image I have is the car burning in flame and an image of my elder sister bleeding from her head to her ears. And that was it. Done. Gone. They were out of my life, like their turns on the stage are all over by then. Like they were not real from the start.
I was then sent to an orphanage; maybe I didn’t have a relative: that I could not remember. (Sol Kim)
I kept feeling that a pint of my memory was lost. Or maybe stolen by someone I had a strong intuition that someone has a memory of mine and I can find her to complete my life. For me, she was the one who I needed the most. But I’ve never imagined about falling love with her. Yes…… She is my love, and she has my lost memory. To get my memory, I have to kill her. What should I do to my darling? I am frustrated. Please help me God! Then, I heard the voice of God! (Seo Hee Kim)
  

댓글 1개:

  1. This is pretty weird, but also pretty interesting. It's a bit of Matrix, Inception and "Cartesian Doubt" mixed together with...romance at the end?

    I don't know what you can do with this. Perhaps something written on the wall of an asylum. Something like that. A potential thriller.

    답글삭제